Sunday 9 December 2012

Back to front weekends

We've had a back to front weekend this weekend. Saturday was our family day as I have spent this afternoon running a children's birthday party. (Sometimes they don't feel like work at all when you have a lovely host parent and a great group of girls).

After some jobs time in the morning we grabbed a chance to get out in the sunshine and headed down to Hove Lagoon for a walk along the seafront. It was the middle of the afternoon and the sun was at a lovely stage bringing all of the beach huts to life. I rarely take pictures of them, you see this style of photo so much locally that it almost seems over used. Yesterday though  I decided the light was making them more spectacular than normal.



It was a real joy to walk along the promenade. 





Then, as if the colour of the beach huts wasn't enough we came upon this bench, decorated with such love and care. The bench was a memorial to Felix White, clearly much loved and much missed. It got me thinking about how lucky I am, things like this always make me catch my breath. It also got me thinking about how someone else's love and care would make so many other people stop and reflect and smile, just like it had me. What a lovely thing this person has done.


It was a wonderful afternoon; a good stroll and a lovely chat as we went on our way. The only interruption was a stop at a great little cafe called Morocco's where they serve a delicious hot chocolate. 

Strolling on, hot chocolate in hand, I really couldn't think of a better place to be.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment