Saturday 1 May 2010

It's arrived

With everything that is going on, with our imminent move and building works, it's been easier than it might have been to distract myself. When I had my owl doorstop project accepted for Sew Hip I was really excited. It seems so long ago now and having to wait for the June edition felt like it would take ages. So in between the day to day stuff and talking to architects and builders what should drop on the doormat this week!! And my little old owl is even a cover star.




The pictures inside look really good and I'm even more excited now to see if anyone makes one and sends in a photo!

The house project is going well too and we'll be moving on the 21st May. The girls rooms will be both done which will give them a lovely sanctuary to retire to. (Building works don't come without some disruption and I think it's really important they both have somewhere calm and settled).

I also want to start thinking about Niamh's birthday which is the 2nd June. I always try to decorate the house to make it feel special... it's possibly as much for me as I love the excuse to get creative with a real purpose.... but isn't that one of the joys of motherhood you are allowed to indulge in?! I've kept lots of her olf clothes to make a memory quilt but I might just use some for some bunting or something similar. I need a train journey to give me space to think!

No comments:

Post a Comment