Monday 11 June 2012

My first swap - part two

So a couple of posts ago I told you about the lovely little parcel that I received through the post as part of my first swap. I've had to wait until my swap partner received hers before I could post about it here but I've now got the all clear.

To remind you, the swap needed to be a pincushion or a  needle case made using fabrics from your stash.

Introducing my little parcel! (Very 'me' with the greens and pinky red packaging!)


I had wanted to make a pin cushion as I've been thinking about them recently (I need to make a few for the classes that I'm now running). I wanted it to be cute, bright, charming and homely. I had a look through various images on the internet to get the creative juices flowing and got back to thinking about my little house lavender bags. 


So I tweaked them and came up with this.... what do you think?




Certainly more folksy.  I love the mixture of colours, the ric rac and the ribbon chimney! In fact it was quite hard to package it up and send it off!

I used a check cotton for the back to add an element of surprise, and also to add a little more charm.



All in all I was dead chuffed with the finished article and would have been very happy to have had something similar land on my doormat.

Fortunately Janey, my swap partner, thought so too. Thank you Janey - I'm glad you like it.

I'm now busy making up a few more for the classes!

xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment