Saturday 25 February 2012

Revamping with maps


A few weeks ago I stumbled across this in the local antiques market. I have had all sorts of ideas around it, including leaving it completely untouched and also painting it an off white before hanging on the wall. Yesterday though I decided that I would decoupage it with maps. There's a chair in our garage that I want to  possibly do the same to so this would be a great test case.

It was already quite a sweet little unit with tropical island scenes on the side....



..... but after cutting up an old map book and a little bit of time and care it's ended up like this!





Just need to find the right spot for it now.

Xx







2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found you whilst googling Pop Up Vintage. I love the way your selves turned out! I'm also a keen map decoupag-er and have done a couple of tables and a chair with vintage maps. I'm impressed at how neat you've got those front edges because they seem very wavy in the before photo and that's always tricky... Anyway glad to have found you, I'll pop by again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might say I cheated! I did try the to do the wavy front but my paper was too thick (old AA road atlas) so I turned it round and will hang it with the wavy edge against the wall. Thanks for stopping by and commenting and look forward to seeing you at pop up vintage. x

      Delete